Not much new today. We hit the playground--twice. Our first playground time with our friends Lauren, Bella, and Isaac was cut short by a thunderstorm. We just weren't out long enough, so I convinced RJ to go out again after the nap. Well, it wasn't really that I had to do any convincing. Rather, I just had to suggest it and away we went! We hit the commissary for a couple of things on our way home. Overall, a low key, pleasant enough day.
Tonight, we had an amusing moment. RJ, Ryleigh, and Jip were playing in the office, and I was making dinner in the kitchen. I didn't realize that a couple of toys had started to drift into the kitchen, and when I opened the refrigerator, I clipped something with wheels with the door. RJ came running over, grabbed the stricken object, and asked, "Dump Truck, Are You Okay?"
The dump truck was indeed fine. The refrigerator door was fine. And, Mom and Dad were more than fine, as our funny bones were tickled by our amusing son and our hearts were warm with RJ's concern for another--even if the another in this case was a plastic dump truck.
Friday, April 6, 2012
"Dump Truck, Are You Okay?"
loading..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

RJ is a safe little guy =)
ReplyDelete