Random Post for a Random Day

This morning, Linda and Mary came over to the condo for a bit. It was nice to catch up, as we didn't have much of a chance yesterday. Then Amber came over and we all headed downtown so Amber could show off The Cupboard. Linda and Mary stocked up on a few things and RJ stocked up on some Swedish Fish Aqua Life (smaller than the original, but more shapes and flavors). We then sent the ladies on their way back to Lincoln and Amb joined us on a trip to The Clothes Pony. I found some Baby Legs (leg warmers to protect chubby, yummy knees while learning to crawl in summer clothes) for Ryleigh and a fire truck for RJ.

We then returned to the condo for naps and lunch. I enjoyed a haircut with the fabulous Clayton. Then, it was time for more shopping. We went to the ultimate FoCo store--Jax. While we were there, RJ kept asking about our friends Jack and Maggie. That darn English language and its homonyms! Jack's, Jax. Poor RJ just couldn't figure out what his playmates had to do with shopping for some emergency kit supplies (I'm putting together 72-hour kits for our family, but that's a post unto itself for another day), new water bottles, and a camping mat. Then it was on to Old Navy for Jip and dinner at Olive Garden.

While at Olive Garden, Ryleigh entertained us and a few tables around us with her playing with RJ's empty lemonade cup.

It was a nice day!

I forgot to mention yesterday that we took the kids for a drive yesterday morning after breakfast with my parents and the Linnenburgers. RJ is up to his old tricks and waking up too early, and he was ready for a nap by 10:00. So, Jip and I took it upon ourselves to take advantage of some quiet time/naps in the car and add a state to the kids' list of states they've been in. Forty minutes after finishing breakfast at Vern's, we saw this.

And this how RJ took the news that he has another state knocked out.

As always, more tomorrow (or the next day).

1 comment

  1. Sounds like a busy and fun day =) I admire RJ's ability to sleep in a car seat!

    ReplyDelete