Lions, Tigers, and Chickens? Oh My!

Yesterday we continued the RJ farm tour. Grandma, Grandpa, Jip, and RJ went out to a farm that had chickens and pigs. Ryleigh I stayed at the house to get a nap in, but from what I heard, RJ wasn't too impressed with either of these types of farm animals. The chickens were molting, so they weren't exactly pleasant to look at, and the pigs were a lot larger than he thought they would be.

I'm so glad we were able to give RJ those experiences on my family's farm and the other farms we went to. He probably won't remember them, but we have the pictures to prove he came face to face with the cows, sheep, chickens, and pigs and he drove and rode in some awesome farm equipment.

In the afternoon, we added some other animals to the mix. We visited one of my favorite places in the world--the Kit Carson County Carousel. I spent 6 summers in high school and college as a tour guide then manager at the carousel. I love the history. I love the art. I love that something so simple continues to exist to bring my children as much joy as it brought me.

We handed the camera over to my Dad to get a pic of the four of us on the "couch" (RJ's word for the chariot). The best pic he got was the one below. By no means was it the photographer's fault--it was the fault of squirmy children and 2 out of 4 who close their eyes in nearly every pic.

The animals were a bit dusty, but that's the Plains for ya. The animals, paintings, band organ, and even the couches were still beautiful. Many thanks to my Mom for the personal showing--it's great to know a lady with her own set of keys!!

No comments