We, the Mosman side of the family, got together this afternoon and evening for some visiting and dinner. RJ and Ryleigh thoroughly enjoyed being around Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Stacy, and Uncle Peter. RJ got to go play in a park while the little miss slept. After that adventure, RJ spent a lot of time being his fun self pretending to be an airplane and also trying to wear out his aunt. I think that both RJ and Stacy will sleep well tonight :)
We decided to try to go to the Centerra area for dinner because my parents needed to do some shopping in one of the stores there. I called several restaurants and the average waiting time was 1.5 to 2 hours because of the local prom. One place that didn't have much of a wait was Red Robin. I thought this was because it was, well, Red Robin, a family/friendly place usually filled with birthday parties and loud kids. I mean, who would pay hundreds of dollars to rent or buy tuxedos and dresses and then go get a $20 meal, right? Well, wrong. There were actually quite a few prom dates in Red Robin. Maybe I'm a little more traditional? Amy and I were joking that if Red Robin was too busy, we could always try Hooters--I'm sure that not many self-respecting guys would take their dates there...unless they really like chicken wings!
As it turns out, we hardly had to wait at all at Red Robin and had a very enjoyable dinner with some good food and good company. Thanks to all my family members for taking the time to visit with us and entertain our children.
Below are some photos from the day. First is Ryleigh with her Aunt Stacy.
The outdoor picnic during which our son finally ate his lunch...about four hours after we did. He has an excuse, though, because he was sound asleep in the back seat while Amy and I ate our lunch from Panera in the front seats.
I lucked out and got a great shot of Miss Ryleigh. I'm not sure how this resized photo looks on your device, but the original is fantastic--yes, I'm proud of my amateur photog skills on this one.
RJ, Mom, and Ryleigh enjoying a beautiful moment on a beautiful day.
Here's RJ being mischievous about something near Grandma.
Here's RJ helping Grandpa look under the hood of the car at something.
Good night to all and have a safe trip home.
-Jip

Looks like a really fun visit!!! Happy you didn't end up at Hooters for dinner ;-)
ReplyDelete