Trip to the mountains

RJ and I took off on Thursday to drive up into the mountains and visit the Mosman side of the family while Amy and Ryleigh stayed in Ft. Collins to spend some mom and daughter shopping time (starting her a young age) and some time with Amy's sister.

RJ and I had a great visit with my parents and he even got to play with some toys that I had played with when I was his age. Here he is playing with a needle point train that was once my brother's and mine.

We had an enjoyable dinner with my parents last night and then got some rest. This morning, RJ, my mom, and I drove over Berthoud pass and then through Denver on our way back to Ft. Collins. Along the way, we stopped at Uncle Eric's (my brother-in-law) fire station to look at the real fire trucks. For some reason, RJ got a case of "I want Mom" and refused to really enjoy the visit. We were able to get a couple photos of him, though, with the truck.

After getting to Ft. Collins, my mom got to meet her granddaughter for the first time. Here's a cute photo of the two of them.

RJ had been given a toy fire helmet so I felt compelled to let Ryleigh try it on. Here's the cutey with her brother's helmet on.

After a great trip down memory lane, it was nice to be back with the rest of the family making some new memories!

Here's to a refreshing trip to the mountains...
-Jip

No comments