Another ho-hum post today.
We enjoyed a fun morning with our friend Jennifer and her daughter Crickette (Christine, but goes by Crickette--isn't that cute?). RJ played hard, Crickette played hard once she warmed up to RJ and I, and Ryleigh was her usual stroller-occupying self. It was great to catch up with Jennifer--I haven't really spent more than 5 minutes chatting with her since before Ryleigh was born. We declared that more playtime shall be had before the rainy season kicks in and then again before August kicks in.
When I told RJ we were meeting them this morning, I had another indicator that my kid watches too much tv. I was telling RJ about Crickette, and he asked if the Spider Mom will be there, too. For those of you who have never watched an episode of Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends on Nick Jr., I'm sure that question made no sense. But, if you have seen the cartoon, you know that there are a plethora of bugs who all get live in the Sunny Patch, including some neighbors of Miss Spider, who are a rock band family of crickets. It's scary that RJ immediately made the connection between Crickette (or cricket--he doesn't care about homonyms yet) and Miss Spider.
It rained a lot this afternoon, so no outings, but we did enjoy an evening out, as we needed to go back to Jip's office to get the last of the Colorado boxes and run by the ATM to get US cash to replenish the cash I turned into yen yesterday.
Tomorrow is Friday! As a SAHM, I really shouldn't know the difference between the weekdays and weekend except that Jip is around on the weekend, but my brain is still doing the weekend-is-coming happy dance. Jip has to work again on Saturday, but it looks like someone is going to split the day with him, so at least it will only be a half-day at the office. So, at least it will be more of a weekend than we had last weekend. Plus, it's Mother's Day. Maybe if I'm good, I can convince Jip and the little people to let me put on a dress and go to brunch at the Officer's Club?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a fun play date =) I completely 2nd your celebration of tomorrow being Friday!
ReplyDelete