Is Summer Over Yet?

Monday I blogged about summer finally being here. It has only been 5 days, and I'm ready for summer to be over. It was HOT today! Even right now, it is 9:45 pm and it is 81 out, but the humidity makes it feel like 86. I'm trying not to think about the fact that we still have a few days in July, all of August, and part of September before the humidity is back to bearable.

Fun Friday in the heat/humidity was fun! I couldn't take pictures, so you'll have to trust me on this one! The only part that wasn't fun was the toll the elements took on the food. My cupcakes, started out like this:

Isn't the way I frosted them cool and artsy? I thought so, but I also knew they wouldn't look like that for long. Yup, by the time we ate them after sitting out for 45 minutes, all of the frosting had melted and run down down the sides. I'm glad I didn't put more effort into the frosting! Buy, they still tasted good!

After 20+ minutes of prep (sunscreen, shoes, using the potty, locating hats, etc.) we hit the playground for awhile this afternoon. Although I usually let RJ choose the playground, I insisted we go to the playground by the water under a giant sail/shade. I knew that would be best for Ryleigh and there would be a higher likelihood of having other kids to play with because there would be other parents with the same thought. There ended up being 3 other boys and RJ had a great time. Ryleigh had fun, too--the playground is designed for crawlers up to 5 years old, so she enjoyed having her freedom as she crawled all over the equipment.

I know many of you have been suffering in the heat this summer. Know that we feel your pain and we, too, look forward to some relief!

No comments