Some tales of the adventures and misadventures of Jip, Amy, RJ, and Ryleigh
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Too hot to play
Our leisurely Sunday started way too early with Ryleigh up at 3:30 and on and off asleep again until about 7:00. RJ did his usual and got up at about 5:30. While we were eating breakfast, RJ requested that we go to the Rainbow Slides. They are the roller slides up in the Kanazawa Park (this park has a small zoo, too). Amy and I both looked at each other and said, "If we are going to go, we need to go now because it's going to get too hot later." We rushed everyone around, got dressed, packed some snacks, and headed off. We took the non-toll road route which we'd never done before in hopes the kiddos would sleep along the way--not so much :( We got to the parking lot and had to walk up a very steep road, then over the top, and back down to the other side of the park where the slides are located. Amy and I were sweating heavily after pushing the kids up the road in the 88 degree weather with over 90% humidity. The "feels like" temperature was around 100 degrees. I looked like I'd just stepped out of a shower.
RJ made a few runs down the slides and then decided that he had enough. Ryleigh was doing okay until I looked up from her once to see what Amy and RJ were doing and she toppled forward out of the stroller onto the wood chipped area near the bottom of the slides. I felt horrible--I'm a bad Dad. She has a couple bruises and some scrapes on her cheeks and forehead, but is otherwise just fine. Lesson learned--don't let her just sit in her stroller without strapping her in!
After we all had a round of vending machine drinks, we decided that it was just too hot to play anymore, so we packed up and headed home. After getting home and having some lunch and naps, we filled the kiddie pool in the backyard so the munchkins could have a good time.
That pretty much sums up our day.
The following are some videos we took today with Amy's iPhone. Enjoy!
-Jip
No comments