We had such a nice time tonight! Not only did Jip and I have fun at the Progressive Party for the SRF Wardroom, but Ryleigh and RJ had a blast with Tricia, Jessica, and James. First Jip and I...
We started off at one of the civilian SRF Wardroom member's apartment. RJ would have loved their location--it overlooks the fire station! While there, we enjoyed cocktails, wine, champagne, beer--you name it, it was there. There was also a fun spread of food, including this little guy.
We then headed to the Production Officer's townhouse. They have a four bedroom townhouse down the road from us. Their yard is at least twice as big as ours and they have a 6-foot privacy fence. Envious!! There was also a great spread there. We contributed a cornbread salad (toasted cornbread cubes, tomatoes, red peppers, black beans, basil, green onion, and a red wine vinaigrette) and deviled eggs three ways (traditional, sriacha, and bacon-balsamic). There were three grilled meats, carne adovada (you would have loved it, Mom and Dad--so spicy with peppers from New Mexico), flatbread pizzas, and more. Of course, everyone was having such a nice time, we didn't even come close to making it to the CO's house by 8 pm, so Jip and I had to forego that stop and head home to get kiddos in bed.
RJ and Ryleigh love it when any of the Marshall clan come over, so it was an extra special treat to have not only Tricia, but also Jessica and her brother James come over, too. They played hard! They ate well! RJ and Ryleigh didn't even care we weren't there. And, to top it off, we came back to two kids in pajamas, ready for bed, dishwasher unloaded, all of my dishes in the sink washed and put away (I didn't quite get all of the dishes done from my food preparation done--I hate that I left them there!!), and all of the toys cleaned up. All Jip and I had to do was kick off our shoes and get to our bedtime routine of stories and Ryeligh nursing.
As much fun as we had this evening, I'm ready for a break. Tomorrow night's dinner will be cooked in the crockpot so I can focus on laundry, keeping cool, and enjoying a day with just the four of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments