Today was Superbowl Monday here. It's quite amazing how the Superbowl is treated like a national holiday here on base by all the Americans. Many people take the day off to watch the game and start partying around 0800 -- the time the game airs here. The Japanese workforce obviously doesn't care very much, but most of the USN and a good percentage of the USCS workers were out today. The good thing for me, as someone who didn't care who won or lost this year, was that it was a fairly quiet day without too many interruptions in the office.
We don't get the advertisements on AFN (Armed Forces Network) either so we all have to watch the ads on YouTube or via some other online venue. I watched a number of them tonight after I got home via a link on CNN.com. I wasn't all that impressed, but maybe I didn't watch the good ones, either.
Not much else that is new. I put Ryleigh to bed again tonight without any "boob juice." She drank some water and passed out without any problems.
RJ has a sniffley cold, and every time we turn around, he has a big boogie hanging out of his nose. Now, if we could just get him to wipe his nose with a Kleenex vice his hands...
On with the rest of the week!
-Jip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

IMO, the highlight of the commercials were from Budweiser, Jeep, Dodge and Doritos. Happy Ryleigh is doing well with the non-boob juice bed time. I remember thinking it would be such a tough transition and it wasn't any big deal here either. Hope RJ gets better soon!!!
ReplyDelete