There isn't much to write about tonight, so here are a few observations and musings I've had recently:
1. Sakura season is ending and on my way home tonight, I thought I was riding my bike in the snow. The ground was covered in what looked like pinkish white flakes, but it was about 60 degrees out. It turns out that it I was riding through all the cherry blossom leaves that had fallen to the ground.
2. A coworker was very excited to go see a movie after work tonight. I've forgotten what it's like to go see a movie. In the past couple years, I've seen Winnie the Pooh and Brave...and that's about it. RJ is in a "I don't like to watch movies because they are scary" kick right now so I hardly even watch DVDs at home.
3. I had a slice of Pizza Hut pizza today--my first slice in about 2 1/2 years. We had not sampled the recently added Pizza Hut on base, but my office coworkers brought in a pizza today and I got to have a slice. It was heavenly. I craved the rest of the pizza for the rest of the day.
4. It's good to know that the a Continuing Resolution has been signed. It doesn't fund all that we need funded, but we should be in a better position the rest of this fiscal year than we had thought we were going to be in prior to it passing.
5. Reasoning with a three year old continues to challenge my patience and composure. I'm sure I was just as much of a pain when I was three years old, but RJ can sure be trying at times. He lost it tonight over some crayon marks that his sister put on a piece of cardboard (part of his cardboard city). I tried to explain that we could replace that cardboard with one of several other clean pieces of cardboard, but he didn't really want to listen. He was upset for quite a while until it dawned on him that we could simply replace it. I'm not sure what language I had been speaking, but obviously it wasn't English.
6. Speaking of not getting through to our children. Ryleigh has figured out how to climb up onto the table. When one of us finds her there, we scold her. Her response...laughter. In fact, most of the time when we are trying to be stern with her, she just laughs back at us. Ugh.
7. After 452 blog posts, sometimes it's hard to come up with something new to talk about. It's been a ho-hum sort of day, and now you've been bored to death with this ho-hum post...sorry. Have a good day/night.
-Jip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel ya on #5...no helpful advice though. Number 6 makes me giggle a little, sorry ;-)
ReplyDelete