After a ROUGH night with the two kids, we all managed to get ourselves together enough today for some breakfast in the hotel, another swim in the pool, and then a jaunt over to Ueno Zoo.
RJ and Ryleigh were both up at different times during the night last night, and this morning, they were both stirring by 5 a.m. Needless to say, Amy and I did not get much sleep at all, and our patience was thin all day with the kiddos. RJ was in a "I'm three. I won't listen. I won't obey. I'm going to do everything I shouldn't do. I'm going to drive Mom and Dad crazy, but I'll make up for it by being cute occasionally" mode today. Ryleigh was okay, but just tired from not sleeping well. (She likes HER bed or Mom and Dad's bed, not some hotel bed!)
We did make it to the zoo today. We got there at a perfect time of day when there were no crowds to get in the way of seeing the pandas or any other animals. Since it was a cool day, many of the animals were out and about. The only downside was that it was pretty windy today, so we didn't get to every corner of the zoo like we usually do. We targeted some of the bigger animals and then headed out. Here are some pictures from the adventure. Enjoy!
 |
| The Ueno Zoo's main attraction. This panda was eating some bamboo. |
 |
| In the next cage was his mirror image--another panda munching bamboo. |
 |
| A pachyderm. |
 |
| The rhino was out pacing today. The last time we went to this zoo, he was asleep in the shade in the back of his cage. |
 |
| Even the hippo was out enjoying some rays. |
 |
| The polar bear was giving everyone a show. |
 |
| This tunnel allows the seals to look at the people...or maybe it's vice versa. Regardless, we got a good look at this seal. |
 |
| After we tired out in the zoo, we hit the amusement ride area just outside the gate. Each ride is either 100 or 200 yen (roughly $1.10 or $2.20). |
 |
| RJ's backhoe skills are little lacking. |
 |
| Ryleigh went along for the ride in the police car. |
 |
| "Don't let RJ drive the bus" |
 |
| This space ship was the final ride of the day. |
 |
| On the second round, I put Ryleigh in for a ride. She loved it. |
 |
| I'm not sure where he was looking, but it surely wasn't out the windshield. |
 |
| A cute shot of Ry. |
 |
| And lastly, the saying on the popcorn. Don't ask me what it is supposed to mean. |
-Jip
No comments