Who's More Excited? RJ or Mama

RJ and I broke out/broke in our new baseball gloves today. I'm not sure who is more excited about the upcoming t-ball season... Actually, I already know that I am more excited. Don't get me wrong, as RJ is excited. For not playing before, his grasp of how to wear the glove, use it to stop the ball, and throw with the other hand is pretty darn amazing to me. Catching a ball hasn't happened yet, and I find myself struggling with how to explain it. I look forward to Jip being able to be there, too, so we can demonstrate what to do. But, in the meantime, I'm excited just to play with RJ. Today, I decided to work on fielding grounders (the ball rolled into the street less that way), and I amazed myself with how it came back to me, from stepping out to align with the ball to getting the glove near the ground but not on it in case it takes an unexpected bounce. I had so much fun myself, which was on top of the fun I had watching RJ. I could have played catch all afternoon with RJ if Ryleigh wouldn't have kept trying to escape into the street or around the corner.

T-ball starts April 15. I hope I enjoy the t-ball practices as much as I do just getting out there with RJ. And, I hope RJ enjoys it and wants to keep playing all season and beyond.

1 comment

  1. That is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to see the inevitably cute photos =)

    ReplyDelete